Although the focus is on the sporting element, the support for our competitors and donations made by you towards the Royal British Legions' Poppy Appeal are encouraged and graciously received.
The event normally takes place in one day and comprises of 7 x disciplines;
Iron Man – Cycle (13 miles) from Coningsby to Boston and return run (13 miles) from Boston to Coningsby
Iron Woman – Cycle (13 miles) from Coningsby to Boston and return run (13 miles) from Boston to Coningsby
Cycle Man – Cycle (13 miles) from Coningsby to Boston, cycle (13 miles) back from Boston to Coningsby
Cycle Woman – Cycle (13 miles) from Coningsby to Boston, cycle (13 miles) back from Boston to Coningsby
Run Man – Run (13 miles) from Boston to Coningsby
Run Woman – Run (13 miles) from Boston to Coningsby
Fun Run – Fun run (you set your own target)
This year, due to COVID-19, unfortunately the event won’t be able to go ahead in line with recent tradition. After long hard deliberation, the Logistics Squadron Charity Committee have therefore decided to run a virtual Boston Slog. Each discipline will remain the same, but rather than taking place in one day and with a mass gathering, the event will take place over a full week, in your own selected location or by use of gym equipment to simulate the traditional slog with each participant recording and submitting their own times; of which will be collated and the winners awarded the prestigious titles. Finally, to coincide with Remembrance, the event will take place during Remembrance week and the slogan will be entitled ‘Run, Ride, Remember’, (#RunRideRemember) with all proceeds being donated to The RBL Poppy Appeal.
How to compete:
Due to the nature of a virtual event, without the presence of our regular timekeepers, we are entrusting entrants to provide honest and accurate times relating to your chosen event.
1. Make a donation
2. Choose the event in which you wish to compete
3. Complete your chosen event within the allocated 7-day period (9 Nov 20-16 Nov 20) and provide evidence of completion. This can be achieved by a screenshot of a fitness app (Strava/Nike Run etc) or simply a photo of the screen on your fitness equipment following your attempt.
4. Submit your results to the group mailbox: CON-GMB-LSBostonSlogGrp @ mod. gov. uk (no spaces) in the below format:
- The event in which you have completed
- Your accumulative time
- Your Go Fund Me donation reference
2hr 33min 55sec
£15 Ref# 123456
Photo/Screenshot as an attachment
Only competitive submissions with a proof of an entry fee donation will be counted as eligible for the chance of being named as a prestigious title winner, all other submissions will be represented as event participants only.
Boston Virtual Slog Rules:
- Encourage friends, partners and family to take part and most importantly enjoy it!
- For those undertaking a competitive attempt, both elements of the Iron Man/Woman must be completed on the same day
- Any Equipment used during the even must be cleaned Post use to avoid the spread of COVID-19
- For competitive entries, proof of entry must be provided via Go Fund Me donation reference
- All times (competitive only) achieved at the end of the event must be sent to: CON-GMB-LSBostonSlogGrp @ mod. gov. uk (no spaces)
- Fun run competitors can can set themselves an achievable goal
- Entry fee for any event is £10
- Distance to complete for each Event/Element is 13 miles
- Iain Cox
- Iain Cox
- Tamsin Mayhew
- Thomas Thayre
- Julie Woodhouse
No.1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the unlikely event that something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse has occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night! Learn more