The Radical Resilience Project has been running for one year, supporting survivors of rape and sexual violence to access and build the right support for them, and to bridge the gap in what mainstream support services are missing.
Free survivor support services are hard to access with long waiting lists (and right now limited services) and are often inaccessible for many of us with varied needs. To access private specialist support or to pay for therapies or products to aid self-care is simply unaffordable for those without money. Especially right now.
What we do
The Radical Resilience Project offers:
- A vital basic fund to support survivors without money to actually afford to buy wellbeing treats and meet their basic needs during trauma.
- A mutual survivor support space, without a waiting list, where survivors can receive and give 1-1 support in a way that works for them by someone who who has an understanding of their trauma.
- A community led by survivors who actually understand survivor's needs from lived experience.
There is a huge demand for projects like this with many survivors telling us they wish they had found us sooner, and more survivors needing the support we can offer right now.
We now need to grow RRP. We have many exciting ideas waiting to take off, that are both urgent and necessary - but we really NEED YOUR HELP!
We have worked in an entirely voluntary capacity since the beginning, putting our own resources, energy and money into creating and running this project from the ground up. Because we are a grassroots project, options for grant funding are extremely limited.
What we urgently need is an unrestricted block of funding to continue to run RRP and get the necessary projects off the ground.
We need to raise £5,000. This is to cover the operational costs of The Radical Resilience Project.
- Promoting and managing the fund; which offers mini grants and loans to survivors who need financial support for their healing. We need to make sure this is reaching the people that need it most and that it remains accessible.
- Support us to continue to run and expand the Mutual Survivors Support Collective (A network for survivors to both give and receive 1-1 support, solidarity and connection).
- Continue to create resources and workshops around survivorship, rape culture and misrepresentation.
- Advocate for survivors and continue the necessary dialogue with existing support services to support them to improve how they offer support.
If you believe in us and what we do then please help. Any and all donations will support us.
These are the new projects we want to make possible with this funding:
- Create training videos and a comprehensive course for support services to access. We will then offer this to existing survivor services, enabling them to address current issues that survivors have faced within their organisations.
- Create a set of survivor standards for support services and the outline for a campaign to encourage support services to commit to.
- Get monthly Patreons and local businesses to donate to us monthly so we have enough in our fund to offer out larger grants to specific demographics who need it more (on top of our mini grants for all). For example monthly grants specifically for working class survivors, black survivors, disabled survivors, trans survivors etc.
- Create a recorded training video to offer to institutions (such as universities, colleges and charities) around how to manage sexual violence disclosures, actively dismantle rape culture and create radical safe spaces.
- Create accessible radical self-support and recovery resources for survivors that we can offer out for free.
- Enable us to pay a social media person to support us two hours a week and a coordinator for the Mutual Survivors Support Collective for two hours a week. (Although we work in a voluntary capacity ourselves right now, it is important to us that we pay survivors who work for us for their time, talent and energy. Too often people who have experienced rape are actually doing the free labour for support services and organisations, while others are being paid. This is not okay).
Please support us to make this happen.
What we do is not being done like this anywhere else. This is the project and support we would have wanted to see when we were recovering from sexual violence and rape. We are not only creating a space entirely different to what already exists, but we are offering training, consultancy and tools to all UK survivor support organisations to reshape and rebuild their services.
You can read more about what we currently do here: https://www.theradicalresilienceproject.org
- Toby Scott
- Suniti Lea
- Claire McGinn
- Francesco Pascale
No.1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the unlikely event that something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse has occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night! Learn more