Every moment matters. As the virus spreads in the UK, people living in poverty are among the most vulnerable to the worst outcomes of the virus, because they:
- Can’t afford basic hygiene essentials like hand wash, soap and hand sanitiser that will help protect them from infection.
- Can’t afford to stockpile essential everyday items
- Rely on food banks for their basic hygiene essentials, and due to public stockpiling, food banks’ supplies are dwindling fast
- Live or stay in crowded environments like homeless shelters, refuges and safe-houses
- Live in densely populated areas
- Work in low-income jobs in highly populated public spaces
- Don’t have a home to live in
Beauty Banks, the people-powered movement that supports people living in hygiene poverty in the UK has joined (virtual) hands with crowd-funding platform, GoFundMe to support those who can’t afford to take extra precautions to help keep them safe from what has been labelled ‘the worst public health crisis for a generation’, coronavirus (COVID-19).
Your support will help us to provide emergency hygiene parcels that will help protect those at higher risk and more vulnerable to being infected by the virus.
YOUR DONATION WILL BE SPENT ON:
- SOAP (adult & baby)
- HAND SANTISER
- LAUNDRY DETERGENT
All donations will be shared with Beauty Banks’ UK registered charity partners that include food banks, homeless shelters, domestic abuse refuges, youth centres, NHS trusts and refugee centres across the UK.
We have two hands - one to help ourselves and one to help others. Please donate today.
- Connock London
- Constance MacKenzie
- Lydia Tomicic
No.1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the unlikely event that something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse has occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night! Learn more