This fund has been set up to support queer, trans and intersex Black, Indigenous and people of colour to access free weekly therapy for a year. The funds will also be used to train up to 20 Radical Therapist Network members to deliver intersectional, anti-oppressive, gender and sexuality affirming, trauma-informed, trans-cultural therapy with a particular focus on anti-racist and anti-capitalist therapeutic practice. We deeply appreciate your support in making a one-off or regular donation, fundraising for us and sharing the GoFundMe.
- We aim to raise £42,000 (exc. Admin fees) to offer 20 QTIBIPOC free weekly therapy for 1 year.
- Prospective clients will be able to search for therapists using the RTN Directory or will be referred to grassroots projects who we are partnered with.
‘Working Safely & Ethically with QTIBIPOC Clients’ Training
- In addition we aim to raise £8,000 to create and deliver free bespoke training to RTN therapists who primarily identify as QTIBIPOC. Any remaining spaces will be offered to white queer and trans therapists and BIPOC cis-het therapists.
- The trained therapists can list that they have completed rigorous, specialised training on their RTN Directory listing so that prospective clients can make an informed decision about seeking a competent therapist.
- The trained therapists are not obliged to take referrals from the Therapy Fund but can put themselves forward if they choose.
If the project is successful we aim to then deliver the training to therapists and organisations using our scaled ticketing prices. The profits will be used to pay the trainers as well as feed back into the established therapy fund to continue to provide free therapy for QTIBIPOC clients.
About Radical Therapist Network
Radical Therapist Network is dedicated to intersectional, trauma informed, anti-racist, anti-capitalist and anti-oppressive therapeutic praxis. Members are made up of a network of international trainee and qualified counsellors and psychotherapists who come together in solidarity to (un)learn, grieve, reflect, organise and be held accountable.
RTN aims to work sustainably to offer community based learning and support spaces to unlearn and heal from colonial and white supremacist culture. RTN is committed to rebuilding ways of working that are based upon our values and commitment to social justice.
RTN provides a number of support space for trainee and qualified therapists including a BIPOC support group, Trans Support Group and Student Support Group. We also deliver regular learning spaces such as the Culture & Literature Group, Peer Supervision Group and offers frequent external events and workshops. RTN shares resources, skills and expertise, platforms marginalised identities, de-centres whiteness and role models the redistribution of wealth through our tiered Membership and ticketing system.
You can learn more about us by visiting our website and following us on Twitter , Instagram and Facebook .
We deeply appreciate your support by donating and sharing this with your friends, colleagues and loved ones - thank you so much!
*BIPOC - Black, Indigenous, People of Colour
**QTIBIPOC - Queer, Trans, Intersex, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour
***LGBTQIA+ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual
DonationsSee top donations
- Tim Norwood
- Sarah Heneghan
- Gavin Lashley
No.1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the unlikely event that something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse has occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night! Learn more