“I can’t breathe” the poignant last words of Eric Garner, Freddie Gray and most recently George Floyd.
This phrase has now become a rallying cry from protesters all over the world in a bid to end police brutality and racial inequality.
The phrase also puts into words how we feel. How we feel like we are unable to breathe under the pressure of structural and systemic racism that has been suffered for generations.
Our vision is clear: tackle systemic racial and economic inequality.
- A big brother/sister programme, guide and help shape the lives of young people in need
- Business advice, mentorship and resources - helping people in the community to create their own businesses
- Educating disadvantaged children, teenagers and adults in group and virtual classes in areas such as racial inequality, Black British history, financial literacy, digital literacy and mental wellbeing
- Facilitate and keep alive the discussion on racism, racial inequality and economic inequality
- Independent research on racial and economic inequality in the UK to generate discussion, change and policy engagement.
All money raised through this GoFundMe will be used to directly contribute to our visions for the future, as layed out above.
We can't thank you enough for taking a stand with us, to help us make the future better for us all.
DonationsSee top donations
- GoFundMe Team
- Aakash Rama
- Scott Mckenzie
- Abigail Mclean
No.1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the unlikely event that something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse has occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night! Learn more